I work so hard to read a book a week. I’ve accomplished it once. It happened last year and need I say that I was over the moon that I reached my goal. It was a huge Goal Achieved!
I have however learned what holds me back. My real struggle is I don’t like speed reading. Even technical books I find whole passages that inspire me and I want to write them down. That’s my second problem, to really get something I find I have to write it down, so I do. I will copy, with pen and paper, entire passages that speak to me. Yeah, this really holds me back from reading that one book week. It’s a constant tug of war over finishing a book a week and letting myself get absorbed in the read.
Here’s what I meandered through this 2011. Check out 2010 Book list here.
1. Boys of Grit Who Became Men of Honor ~Archer Wallace
2. Pride & Prejudice ~Jane Austen
3. Real Citizenship ~Tim Echols
4. What he Must be if he wants to Marry my Daughter ~Voddie Baucham
5. Made to Crave ~Lysa Terkeurst
6. Florence Young ~Janet & Geoff Benge
7. Radical ~David Platt
8. The Cat of Bubastes ~G.A. Henty
9. One Thousand Gifts ~Ann Voskamp
10. George Muller ~Janey & Geoff Benge
11. How God used a Snowdrift ~Diane Kleyn
12. Becoming a Woman of Simplicity ~Cynthia Heald
13. Unshaken ~Dan Wooley
14. Choosing to See ~Marybeth Chapman
15. The Hidden Hand ~E.D.E.N. Sothworth
16. Weird ~Craig Groeschel
17. Letters from the Land of Cancer ~Walter Wangerin Jr.
18. Foreign to Familiar ~Sarah A. Lanier
19. The Way of the Heart ~Henri J.M. Nouwen
20. Modern Parents Vintage Values ~Trevathan & Goff
21. Weapons of Mass Instruction ~John Taylor Gatto
22. Preparing for Jesus ~Walter Wangerin Jr.
23. Already Compromised ~Ken Hamm
24. Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild ~Mary Kassian
It’s tough to pick a favorite because all these reads run in different directions. I love “The Hidden Hand”. I’ve read it twice myself and then out loud to the kids. Recently they asked if I could read it to them again. It’s just that good.
I’m excited to see what’s on your books. Thanks Nesting Place for Hosting us!